I've been having a blast with this one! Happy toots to you!
Monster Orc-arina is a cute little toy with a monstrous sound.
A pick-up-and-play instrument is hard to come by on the Game Boy™, as most music carts are complex DAW-type systems with many options. Monster Orc-arina means to remedy that by giving anyone the ability to create music and have some fun in the process.
Since the built-in note indicator shows you the note you are about to or are currently playing, it can also be useful to mock up melodies to then translate to hUGETracker or GBT Player.
- Animated parts of the monster indicate octave and note direction
- 3 different instruments allow you to choose your roar
- 3 octaves allow a wide range of notes to play your favorite melodies
- A digital orc-arina to go - ready to scream whenever you are!
- Control Pad (arrows or wasd): Moves the monster's eye and controls note input.
- B Button (x, k, ctrl): When held with the Control Pad, it plays the note shown.
- A Button (z, j, alt): When pressed with UP or DOWN, it changes the octave.
- A and B Button: When pressed together with a direction on the Control Pad, it will play either the # (sharp) or b (flat) note related to the note shown.
- Select Button (shift): Changes between the three sounds/voices/instruments.
- Start Button (enter): Selects menu options or allows you to return from How to Play or the Credits.
Created for GBCompo23. Theme: "You are the monster."
Code, Design, Art: Pearacidic
This game is considered open source under the GNU General Public License Version 3, and Creative Commons Attribution International 4.0. Please link back to this page, credit Beatscribe if you use his music, and credit Pearacidic or Pearacidic Games if you use any of the art or code.
Discord Verification: pearacidic
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Monster Orc-arina is available to download now!Sep 12, 2023